Know That BodyTalk:
- Is completely non-invasive
- Works with all other therapies
- Does not diagnosis
- Does not prescribe
- Offers affordable, long-lasting healthcare
Australian Chiropractor and Acupuncturist, Dr. John Veltheim, developed the BodyTalk System in 1995. Since then it has been taught to over a thousand practitioners worldwide. Currently there are 47 trained BodyTalk instructors teaching in 25 countries. Graduates include medical doctors and specialists, psychologists, psychotherapists, chiropractors, acupuncturists, naturopaths, physical therapists, osteopaths, nurses, licensed massage therapists, and laypeople.
Balancing the Brain (The Cortices Technique)
The outstanding growth and success of the BodyTalk system is essentially fuelled by the following factors:
- Outstanding results occur in almost every sphere of heath care: physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
- It can be used as a stand-alone health care or be seamlessly integrated into any other health care modality and is complementary to each modality.
- It is totally non-invasive and absolutely safe. There are no contraindications to its use.
- No diagnosis is given, no medications prescribed, and no invasive techniques imposed upon the patient. The BodyTalk System does not conflict with, or legally contravene, any existing health care system or law.
- The basic premises underlying The BodyTalk System constitutes a new paradigm for synchronizing and balancing the body-mind that can be implemented in conjunction with any health care system. The body is a very complex ecosystem involving a delicate balance between physiological biochemical functions, emotional and mental interactions, environmental influences, hereditary and genetic restrictions, and the need to synchronize all these factors into a cohesive whole.
- Until now the majority of health care systems have tended to take a Cartesian approach and have focused on isolated parts of the body-mind equation. The whole picture, incorporating all the variables, has been placed in the ‘too hard’ basket. This is because the human mind, even with the help of modern science and equipment, is incapable of thinking on such a comprehensive scale.
- The BodyTalk System recognizes that within each and every one of us there lies the innate knowing of who we are and what makes us tick. This innate wisdom carries the answer to our health care dilemma. This is addressed in the following way.
- The BodyTalk System facilitates communication with the innate wisdom of the body by using neuromuscular biofeedback. This feedback provides the practitioner with a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer to any question that is asked of the body. The innate wisdom thus provides BodyTalkers accurate guidelines with regard the body-mind requirements for optimum health.
- By following a comprehensive protocol of questions, the BodyTalk practitioner can establish exactly what balancing the body needs in order to harmonize body-mind function. This involves finding out which organs, endocrines, or body parts need to be connected to heal communication between them at the physiological, biochemical, circulatory, nervous, emotional, and/or energy levels.
- The patient and/or practitioner touch the parts that need repair and the practitioner then uses his/her fingers to gently tap the head of the patient in order to focus the brain toward repair. When this tapping occurs while specific parts are being touched, there is a major increase in brain activity in relation to those parts.
- The practitioner then lightly taps the chest to store the changes in the heart energy complex, which ensures that the new balance is held in deep memory and is, therefore, lasting.
- Clinical results have shown that once the communications systems of the body have been reestablished and the bodymind complex synchronized, the body is capable of healing itself at a deep and lasting level.
- This is something that modern health care systems have tended to forget, or ignore. The trend has been to want to play “God” and intervene in the body’s natural processes even though it is clear that allopathic health care training provides only a glimpse into the complex interactions of the body-mind.
- Of course, there are times that natural healing is limited. The typical emergency such as a car accident, where the body is in crisis, attests to the need of skilled intervention in the form of modern medicine but BodyTalk works to relieve any side effects such as trauma and emotional healing.
- Nevertheless, BodyTalk practitioners are seeing the incredible healing power of a ‘balanced’ body in the daily results obtained in practice. The functions of every part of the body and mind are improved. This means that the immune system will start to eliminate chronic and acute viruses, bacteria, parasites, and toxins. Reestablishing of the mind/body balance reduces allergies, emotional and psychological disorders. It also improves posture and coordination, digestion and elimination, brain functions, learning disorders, and states of distorted consciousness in the form of negative belief systems and attitudes.
- The BodyTalk System does not rely upon diagnosis and the BodyTalk practitioner does not prescribe, use invasive techniques, or do anything that can cause harm to the body.
- This makes it one of the rare health care systems that can be classified as totally safe and truly holistic in its approach to reestablishing the optimum health of the patient.
- It is complementary to all other health care systems and can be used as a stand-alone system or be integrated into any other health care practice. It can also be safely used by the layperson as a means of assisting in the health care of themselves, their family, and friends.
- Every person who is sincerely interested in the concepts of total health care and has a respect for the power of the potential of human body-mind, should find out more about the BodyTalk System.
“My BodyTalk experience has been enlightening in that it has brought together the physical, spiritual and emotional elements that affect me and helped prevent all those negative medical signs to which I was so used to reacting. The body can show things that are happening before they get out of hand and indicate how to fix them.”